1. Write a song. This can be done with any sort of music editor or creator. I wrote my song using the app called "Music Studio". Other good programs are Fl Studio, Dubturbo, Logic, Garageband, and Pro Tools.
2. Make an account at tunecore. This is the website and service I recommend using for song distribution.
3. Buy a credit either for a album or for a single. You will most likely be distributing a single if you are just getting started. To do this you must buy a distribution credit which will allow you to put your song on iTunes. This will cost about $10 per year, which is not much at all considering the fact that you keep all your royalties from the sing.
4. Set up the single with artwork, an artist name, and of course the track (there are a few other minor details)
5. Send he track to the stores. This step will be very self explanatory if you just follow the site's instructions.
6. Wait a few days for the track to be posted and wait a few months to start seeing sales rolling in!
If any of you guys have ever written anything or plan on it just tell me. I'd love to advertise your music on my blog! Thanks for reading and please check out my song!